Welcome to the model registration page. To start receiving booking invitations, please submit your profile for our consideration. Please fill out all the information below and press ‘Submit’ button at the end. You will receive confirmation email when your profile is approved. Once you are approved, you can log in to your profile using the email address and the password you’ve created.
How to become a model
Are you new to the trade show industry? We have answers to all of your questions.
-How do I get booked?
First things first. The most important part of getting booked is creating an attractive profile. And when we say attractive, we mean a profile that will accurately represent your physical attributes and personality. Upload professional looking pictures. Along with two required head shots and full body shots, we recommend submitting pictures of you in business attire, with natural, professional looking makeup. Excess of airbrushing is not recommended, your pictures must look like you. Besides, you have a chance to express yourself in ‘Skills’, ‘Experience’ and ‘About me’ sections. You have a bartender license? Awesome! We have tons of alcohol promotions that require licensed staff. Do you have sales or customer service experience? Tell us about it! Do you have a business major? That’s perfect! Now about the booking process. Once we activate your profile, you will be receiving job invitations via email. In the email you’ll find event details, such as dates, times, rates, responsibilities and attire. If you are able to work those dates, simply click the attached link and that will let us know that you are willing to be booked for the event.
After that a customer will make the final choice and pick the model that fits best. The model will receive confirmation email with a contract to sign. After that the booking is complete.
-What do I do on the day of the event?
Make sure you carefully read the confirmation email, as it contains all the information you need regarding the date, time, location and any special instructions. To avoid unexpected delays, have your outfit ready before the day of the event. To get good reviews from the customer, be on time. Add extra parking time to your travel, as in most cases the trade show venue is going to be very busy. Keep in mind, that a trade show can add extra traffic to a usually not very congested road. In the confirmation email you will be provided with a contact name and phone number to call, once you get there. To confirm your arrival at the event, you will be asked to snap a quick picture of yourself at the time of arrival and send it right away to one of our managers. Also, please don’t forget to take a couple of pictures of you standing next to the booth. You will submit these pictures when the event is over. Empyre Talent reserves the right to use any of the pictures submitted by models.
-How do I get paid?
Our staffing agency follows best practices in the industry to ensure our models are happy. We make it our priority to deliver payments promptly and accurately. We issue a paycheck for you within five business days after client submits the payment.
-How do I ensure I get good ratings?
Models with good ratings are more likely to get booked on a regular basis. The first and most important in getting good ratings, is receiving good feedback from customers. Being on time, looking professional and satisfying the attire description, performing required duties, being friendly and active. A great way to wow the customer on a trade show is to learn how to scan the crowd, make direct eye contact, greet attendees and encourage them to visit the booth. An experienced trade show model will ‘read’ visitors, engage them in a conversation and draw traffic to the booth.
-Tips from successful trade show models
Modeling is a fairly competitive industry. That’s why we asked one of our successful models to share the secrets of always getting rave reviews and being re-booked by the same companies over and over again.
1) First and foremost, remember, that a trade show is an important opportunity for the hiring company. A company might be spending months preparing for a show. Make the success of the event just as important to you as it is to them. You will be provided with the company name in the confirmation email. Take a minute and check out the company’s website. Learn as much as you can before the show. This information may help you get a few extra links.
2) Most of the times the purpose of hiring a model for the event is to create excitement around the product and attract attention to the booth. That’s why ‘silent models’ never get good ratings. And while you are not expected to be an expert in the subject, a smile, direct eye contact and a five second elevator pitch is all you need to get the visitors break their stride, pause for a moment, and engage in a conversation. Coordinate the value proposition you give with the booth manager.
3) A happy model is a successful model. Think ahead of what you are going to wear on the show, bring a jacket and comfortable black flats to wear during the breaks, don’t forget to take some snacks with you. Have a good night sleep before the event.
4) Do not use your phone at the booth! That is a big no no, if you are shooting to become a successful model. It looks unprofessional and overall leaves a bad impression about you. If you absolutely have to check you email or make an important phone call, ask the booth manager if you can step aside for a minute.
5) In any other case when you need to leave the booth, first ask the booth manager.
6) Only apply to the events that you are able to work. If you can’t work the event, contact Empyre Talent manager at least 24 hours ahead. In case of any emergency on the day of the event, call one of our managers as soon as possible. The sooner you call us, the bigger the chance for us to find you a replacement. No call no show means that your profile will be flagged as unreliable.
-In what cities can I work?
We are a nationwide staffing agency and offer services in all major cities across the USA. Here are some of our most requested cities: Anaheim, Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, Houston,Indianapolis, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Lexington, Louisville, Miami, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Orleans, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Antonio, San Diego,San Francisco, Seattle, Washington, D.C.